Why the MBSR course?
I’ve done a lot and I mean a lot of courses in my time and many of those have been online including those around mindfulness and meditation. And, I’ve listened to audios, watched videos, read a lot of books and been on retreats both in the flesh and online. Let’s just say I’ve been exposed to quite a lot on my journey of self-improvement although these days I’d probably term it awareness/consciousness.
I’ve researched the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Online Course (MBSR) and I think that it’s great value for money.
I would say that even without the current reduction in price by $100.00. At only $197 over 8 weeks that equates to only $24.62 a week. Hey, I spend that much on coffees in a week.
So, it’s not a lot to pay given what you will get both during the course and through what you will have learnt to apply throughout your life.
Nevertheless, let me get to the nitty gritties.
Price: $197.00 (reduced from $297)
Instalment plan: Yes, 3 monthly payments of $79
Duration: 8 weeks
Guarantee: 100% money back guarantee for 1 year
My Rating: Go for it!
The MBSR Product Overview
For me, I don’t actually need that assurance these days because I know that mindfulness is where it is at, it’s key. I’ve used it and continue to use it.
And, when I am at my most productive and most relaxed, happiest and in flow, and most importantly the most connected, it is when I am mindful.
Having said that, I understand the need and reassurance of knowing that the course has been created and delivered by a credible and reputable source. It certainly played a part in my recommendation.
If that is what you need in order to feel comfortable, then this is the program to choose.
It is scientifically informed and follows the same method taught at the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
Intent of the MBSR program
As the name implies, the intent of the program is related to stress reduction but also to move toward greater balance, control and participation in your life.
What is contained in the MBSR online course?
- The course consists of 8 weekly classes and 1 day long online retreat.
- Topics and activities include body scanning, mindful hatha yoga, sitting meditation, walking meditations.
I personally have participated in all of these and they are great methods for increasing mindfulness, so don’t let them scare you.
I certainly wasn’t a guru or well-practised nor necessarily diligent or disciplined in any of these when I first started out.
I did what I could as well as I could and was gentle with myself along the way. I did reap the benefits though in being more at peace and my experience of life improved greatly.
- You will learn about the physiological and psychological bases of stress reactivity and experience mindful strategies.
- You will identify where you get stuck in repeating unhealthy patterns and how to apply mindfulness.
- Enhanced resilience.
- How to integrate and maintain what you have learnt into your daily life.
What you’ll get
- More than 16 hours of downloadable video and audio instruction on mindfulness meditation, stretching, mindful yoga, and guidance for enhancing awareness in everyday life.
I’m glad they provide downloadable resources as this is important as you go forward following completion of the course.
- Online journal to record and reflect about your experience.
- A Year of Mindfulness: You’ll receive weekly e-mails with practice suggestions to help you live more mindfully all year.
- A Self-Guided Retreat—A Day of Mindfulness.
- Certificate of Completion – and if you are interested this can start you on your teacher training path.
Plus, you’ll get 3 x Special Bonuses as follows:
Results and Benefits
Though the course title refers to stress reduction, mindfulness has a multitude of additional health benefits.
Essentially, mindfulness produces greater balance and with a focus on presence raises our conscious awareness and our connection to ourselves, others and all life.
It increases our sense of health and wellbeing.
With that, we live better and experience the joy of life with an underlying calm free from fear and debilitating thought processes that produce suffering. I can’t think of anything better.
Two decades of published research indicates that the majority of people who complete the MBSR curriculum report:
- Lasting decreases in physical and psychological symptoms
- Improved self-esteem
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Reductions in pain levels and an enhanced ability to cope with pain that may not go away
- An increased ability to relax
- An ability to cope more effectively with both short- and long-term stressful situations
More than 24,000 people have taken this online course and so in terms of quality and satisfaction it has to be pretty good. And there are more than 750 MBSR programs in hospitals, clinics, and as free-standing programs on six continents.
From someone who has suffered and stressed, let me say that you will never regret delving into this area.
And let me just say that mindfulness is not something you have to try to reach, we have this within, we just have to remember or rather become more in tune with it (once we declutter our minds), so rest assured you to will find it. Guidance can help with this and that’s where the course comes in.
I have been on many retreats, practised mindfulness and meditation and as mentioned previously these things have been the most life changing in all aspects of my life.
So, my recommendation is to definitely take the leap and with a satisfaction guarantee you can’t go wrong.
To enrol now, click below: